Monday, October 13, 2008

Fireproof

Hello! Thank you Mama Duck for welcoming me into the world of blogging! I'm starting to get used to this!

Last night my husband and I went to a Fireproof class that was presented by our church. Grady signed us up a month back and I was not wanting to go at first but man I'm glad that I did! It was so awesome to see God working through other marriages. Everyone is in different stages of their lives so it makes conversation time interesting. One thing that happened last night that was so sweet was when I had the opportunity to share something that I loved about my spouse. Grady had tears in his eyes as I was speaking and it made me start to cry like a stinking baby! It was the first time that I have ever even seen him almost cry! It was a sweet moment for us in our short marriage! Of course there were no tears that fell from his eyes, but just to see him get emotional about how I feel our differences make us work was so nice. We have 5 more weeks of this study and we are participating in the "Love Dare" book so it should be neat to see how much we can grow together as a couple! Ill keep you posted!
I got all my wedding pictures back on Friday and will be posting them as soon as possible!

2 comments:

Tennessee Mama Duck said...

Essie, I am so glad that you and Grady are doing the Fireproof class. You can never do too much "continuing education" on marriage! :) God wants you two to have the best marriage! I'm excited to see how God works through this!

Dizymom00 said...

I am also glad that you and Grady are taking the Firproof class. It will be great for you both. There are always obstacles to overcome but i know you will get through them together with God as your center and your focus. I got so emotional just reading this blog, it made me realize and be so happy that Grady married such a wonderful woman. i pray everyday that we will be close to you all soon.. I love you!